HACE is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of Latino professionals. For over 25 years, we have served as a resource for Latinos in the workplace and a source for expertise and insight for corporations seeking to access this growing community of professionals. We connect a national network of Latino professionals (in business, accounting/finance, education, engineering, human resources, information technology, marketing, etc.) to career enhancement opportunities to achieve the following objectives:
Prepare pre-career Latinos for the professional workplace
The majority of young Latinos in high schools and colleges throughout the U.S. are pioneers in that they are the first in their family to complete high school, enter college and begin their careers in a professional role. It is important for these young people to begin building their professional networks from an early age in order to be exposed to all the opportunities an education will afford them. To support student achievement in this area, we
- Maintain partnerships with high schools, colleges and universities to deliver career skills programming for pre-career Latinos
- Provide career coaching services to Latinos seeking to enter the professional workplace
- Connect students to a network of professionals that will serve as mentors and sources
Support Latino professionals in achieving their career goals
Despite great strides, Latinos are still under represented in management and professional roles in most major corporations and institutions. Through skill enhancement, network building and direct referrals, HACE connects Latinos to exciting career development opportunities.
- Provide professional development programming to enhance the skill sets of Latino professionals
- Create opportunities for professionals to connect with people and resources that can serve to advance their careers
- Serve as a source for jobs and career and leadership opportunities to professionals seeking to enhance their careers
Make a positive impact to the American workplace through inclusion and diversity initiatives
While most employers have come to greatly value the benefits that a diverse workforce can yield, the practice of workplace inclusion has yet to reach maturity. Many companies are in the early stages of figuring out how to integrate a global workforce into high achieving teams. There is much opportunity for growth and development in the field. Our focus is on helping committed employers recruit, retain and develop Latinos into professional roles.
- Help companies recruit Latino talent through events, postings and candidate sourcing
- Educate companies about Latino professionals to prepare them to properly include them in the workforce
- Provide companies access to the Latino talent through branding and outreach opportunities